· Ragged and Skip-Level Hierarchies is not supported in 10g.
· Support for Parent-Child Hierarchies is supported but it is straight forward.
· Creating Subject Areas for Logical Stars and Snowflakes ins not supported in 10g
· Multicurrency not Support in this version.
· In this version we don’t have such option.
· MUD support in this version also.
· SQL Function names in this version.
· Data Source (Hyperion) not supported.
· OBIEE supports Essbase as a data source, but it’s had a few well-known limitations in the 10g release.
· In 10g it doesn’t have this option.
· Multiuser development and repository lifecycle management has been improved.
· SQL Function name standards changed like below.
1. Period to date
2. Period Ago
· Data Sources (Hyperion) Supported.
· Enhancements to Essbase Fully supported in 11g.
· Pruning Utility to Delete Unwanted Repository Objects this option will be more useful BI Apps.
· Hierarchy Objects in the Presentation Layer is not supported in 10g
· KPI dashboard designs some limitations in this 10g release
· Visual looks not that much good in 10g.
· In this version we have such limitation graphs and dashboards like,
1. There is no option slider in graphs.
· In this version we don’t have this feature.
· This ability was present in the 10g version of OBIEE in a limited form, through IBots, request navigation and guided analytics.
· A new column called the hierarchical column in introduced
· In OBIEE 11g we can create KPIs to represent business metrics
· One of the most obvious changes in OBIEE 11gR1 compared to the 10g release, is around the visual look and feel of the web-based components
· OBIEE 11g comes with a number of improvements and enhancements to graphs and dashboards. In this posting, I’ll be taking a look at some of these new features, including.
1. Introduction of the slider control.
2. Master-detail linking of visualizations
· Action Framework (It has been built –out into a feature in its own right.
· OBIEE and tried to set up a cluster, you’ll know it’s a fairly involved task and one that requires a lot of manual setup
· In 11g, setting up OBIEE for high availability and clustering is a much more straightforward process, partly through improvements in manageability and partly through the move to Web Logic Server
OBIEE Design the support technology.
· OBIEE 10g OC4J based and Oracle application server also.
· OBIEE 11g Web logic based.
There is no difference in this feature.
· First up, as an OBIEE 10g administrator, your administration tasks were mostly performed either through the Administration tool , configuration options spread over multiple tools and configuration files, with some options (users and groups, for example) embedded in unrelated repositories (the RPD).
· OBIEE 11g addresses these by where possible moving administration and configuration into Fusion Middleware Control (also referred to as Enterprise Manager).
Satya Ranki Reddy.