Monday, August 6, 2012

Change the subject area in the all Reports in single shot

XML Search And Replace : Useful option

HI ALL - I am sure that most of you must have already used the feature XML Search and Replace. I happened to use it recently and found very useful. 


I had a subject area "SH1" and many reports were built around it as you can see below.













I was asked to change the name of the subject area SH1 to "Testing Subject Area" and so I went to RPD and renamed the SH1 folder.








And I opened the front end ( Reloaded metadata) and found the subject area name being changed to Testing Subject Area in the Analysis section.














Now I tried to edit the reports which were built on Testing Subject Area ( - The new name of SH1 )













Have a look at the warning : Either you do not have permission to use the subject area SH1 within Answers, or the subject area does not exist


I opened one of the reports shown above and went to Advance tab. Let us see the XML code.










So to resolve this issue - I went to Catalog Manager in Offline Mode and selected the option 
"XML Search/Replace" from the Tools.
I replaced
subjectArea=""SH1""

BY
subjectArea=""Testing Subject Area""













Say OK.
It replaced and showed what all the items were changed.










 
Thanks,
Satya Ranki Reddy

No comments:

Post a Comment